September 21, 2004

Sleeping in class...

Me and PD attend this seminar by Adele today.
Since its a prez loaded with bizzare microarray images, and for the "effect" to hit home, the lights are turned off.
Its a pretty dark conference room in there and Adele is drooling along in her " please goto sleep" monotone.
And yeah, i have also had almost 3 next to sleepless nights in addition to the stupid dance practice.
Plus, as if these arent enuff, i had a light lunch.
So, 10 minutes into the seminar, i promptly slumber off.
That aint no big deal. I regularly sleep in class when i do not even have half of the above reasons..Im here trying to justify my sleeping in class today, not everyday.
Coming to the story, me and PD have this arrangement to wake up each other when we happen to doze off.
PD usually sleeps off in Adele's class and i try my best to wake him up by nudging his leg or slwoly whispering into his ear, but have never had success.
So, today he gets his chance to wake me up, and he does that to great effect.
He gives me a tight slap across my shoulder and looks elsewhere, as if he aint knows nuthin abt it after causing people listening/sleeping in front to recover from the slumber and turn back.
I mean, that was a hard slap. And i wake up and think " Ok, so this is the way you wake people up!".
Just you doze off, u bastard, i'll chance my arm, and you'll never know what hit you. My time will come. Just you wait.

No comments: