March 14, 2006

Move it....Sorry, Cant !!!

And today, my legs refused to move….
Of late, I have been toying with the idea of waking up a little early and to do some jogging before pushing off to work. The tummy ka fat (affectionately called the tyre) is threatening to show. It’s almost like its giving a message. 3 more days and no exercise, and I’ll show up. No such cut a deals with the face fat. Its showing and glaringly and obviously and people are starting to recognize and compliment on it, rather than holding back. “Ah c’mon now, you have a job, more money, more food and less exercise. It’s bound to show sometime. Dont worry” advised a well-meaning friend.

And the trouble is that im a slacker. I usually wake up around 8-8.15, which leaves me with no time for some exercise lest I’ll be late for office. And evenings. Well, who wants to get exercise when there is TV, huh? C’mon now, get a life.

So, with major planning, went to sleep around 11 last night so I could get up earlier and see if I can squeeze a 30 minute run prior to rolling to work. The result was disastrous.

Around 6.45, woke up. Didn’t get out of bed tho. Determined its too early and went back to sleep, but couldn’t sleep hardcore anymore. Slept again for a brief 10 minutes, planning the rest of the day in mind. Felt great.
Around 7, decided that I should get up, but was like “Should give my old legs some more rest. They are kinda feeling heavy. Afterall, I sit at work all day and drive a car. They need some care too.”
At 7.15, it was “I can still make it to work on time even I wake up at 7.30”.
And at 7.30, it was “Man, its still cold outside”.
And at 7.45, “Shouldn’t overdo it on day1. Will jog for 20 minutes”
And finally, at 8, “Fuck it. It’s too late. Tomorrow then”

And felt like a bum the whole rest of the day. I can excuse if I simply hadn’t woken up at all. But I was just lying there in my bed, cozy comforters pulled up all the way. Looked out my window and saw other enthusiastic morning joggers, and laughed inside “I’ll catch up with this lot. Give them a 10 minute handicap”. Round about the 7.30 mark was when I was practically desperate to get out of bed, but I just couldn’t. My legs, seriously, made me feel old. My calf muscles were all heavy and my knees weren’t relaxed and the entire area felt stiff and I felt like they were telling my brain “You know what. For too long, we have done things your way. Today is not one of them. We are going nowhere” And like a sucker, I let them union workers have their strike day with pay instead of kicking the shit out of them and driving them to work.

On a lighter vein, how can you kick if your legs refuse to? This is my nadir.

No comments: