July 23, 2005

Bad luck with beers..

The last two weekends have not been so good.
I mean, of cousre there has been plenty of work - not physical work as in, but writing, data analysis, powerpoints - that shit. I hate powerpoints anyways.

So, i was looking forward to chill and hang out while guzzling the bubbly watching some shit movie or boring my friends long distance.
And then, there was this beer i tried last weekend. Its from the Budweiser family, a flashy new one and is called " Budweiser Sport" or something. It claims to be 'a beer with something extra', it actually includes a number of extracts from caffeine to cinnamon. And you get 4 of them for 3 bucks.

So, i take a sip. And its very very bad. It kinda has a sour taste to it. I curse myself and the Budweiser co. but still manage to drink them in under an hour.

And yesterday, and obviously i havent learnt my lesson. I goto the store, and there was a sale going on for Corona -at a buck each, it is a steal. It is a darn good beer , and if you spread a lemon piece over the mouth of the bottle prior to taking that first sip, it is bliss. It has this lemon twinge to it, and its as close as it gets to perfect in a real world.

Instead, what i do, i walk around a little, and see this " Josef Hoffbauer" - 12 cans at 6 bucks. Sweet. And it says " Lager" on the cover. So. i am like " Let me try this". I am open to trying beers. I am not open to trying food, but i am open to taking the taste of a new brew.

It was worse than than the last weekend Buds. Though the Buds didnt taste like beer, they atleast tasted like a sour energy drink. But this one, it was the water. It was liquid and watery. I mean, when you make beers like this, and say " Lager" on the outside, you dont have to worry about your repeat business - there will be none.
So i am like offering cans to guys next door, and they immediately grow suspicious" You never give me beers" said PD."There's something fishy, and i will have none of it".

And Prithvi was acting the fool. I was sittin outside, and asked if he could fetch me a new can from the fridge. And he gets me one, but on the way, he shakes it like it was his dick or something. Unassumingly, i open it, and the froth is bursting out and all, making a mess of my hands/ fingers/ floor etc.. and he was like " Fooled you, haha" , and clapping hands and laughing. Hard to imagine these things actually give people a bang. Im like " Well done".

Anyways, the take home message is " Never try these two brews. They aren't worth it". They may be cheap and be a steal, but it actually is your money that is getting stolen.
And also, dun think twice about settling down with your already fave bubbly. Its tried, tested and proven. There is no such a thing as a better beer than the one you bubble down ur bottom every other weekend, with relish.

1 comment:

pagala'k' said...

Make the right call- Miller Lite