March 16, 2005

Waking up...

Waking up in the morning is a hassle.
Especially if you are used to the never wake up before noon schedule.

I've had this schedule for like 6 months now, since last Septamber, because all my classes are in the PM, and i work late at nights anyway on my research.

So, i like this trot back home 5ish in the morning, sleep soundly till noon.

But this sem, we have this class that starts at 8.30 in the morning Monday thro Wed. So, i alter my schedule a little, and sleep by 2 Sun-Tue nights. But it takes the old body plentya time to adapt to the early wake-up. I have been doing this since Jan and im still not used to it. And its kinda cold in the mornings, ard 8, and that old lazy bugger, the sun, does not quite shine as merrily as he would at 12. Probably another nutter like me, a little slow in the morning, his brain and shine, not at thier brightest, literally, those early hours.

I've already missed like 4 classes over the last 3 weeks, and the prof is starting to take notice. And he's like " We have the visiting student today. Now all we need is the visiting professor" when i walked into class yesterday. And last week, he said" You know, we had a lucky draw, and you won a prize. unfortunately, it could only be given if you are present, which you were not, and so, we had to give it to someone else. If only you had attended....."
And its kinda bugging, you know. You are already kickin urself for missing the classes, and to add fuel to the fire, the prof had to be so nice with it. I mean, if he just yells at me, or threatens to reduce my grades, or act son-of-a-bitchy, i wudnt care about it.

Now, i hafta make a real consious effort to attend the classes. And that means waking up early. But how do you know its already time to wake up, when you are sound asleep? Beats me.

And ok, if you are gonna suggest alarm clocks, boo to you. Do you think i havent tried them? I mean, how long does it take to switch it off, and go straight back to sleep, w/o even realising the clock alarmed, and you shut it off. Before you could say G in the 'Get up'.

Have to think a way around this. Probably, alter my entire timetable, and wakin up early all morning, 7 days a week might help. But i dont wanna do that. Aaaah, its a toughie.

Like the computer says in Hitchhikers guide to galaxy "He asked if i could make some tea, and by George, its a toughie".

No comments: