September 24, 2004

Waking up PD...

Check the " sleeping in class" blog for background about this one.

Pd dozes 5 minutes into class Monday. I nudge him and he wakes up and thanks me.
5 minutes later, he is asleep again. I whisper his name by his ear and he wakes up and pretends to have woken up.
10 minutes later, he is once again, fast asleep. I bang him against his left shoulder with mighty force ( which gave me mighty satisfaction). That kept him awake for 15 minutes and he falls into a deep slumber once again.

Adele Checks out if PD is still asleep every 2 minutes and i can swear she just flashed the slightest non-noticable smile toward my direction for all too brief a moment. Slightly embaressed for Pd, i nudge his leg to wake him up, which actually caught Adele's glare, and this time there was no hint of non-transperancy. She openly smiled at me, which i returned, slightly bewildered.
Pd is nuts with me by this time and swears " Now, cant you see im sleeping?" and falls to slepp promptly within 2 minutes.

I ignore him, and toward the end of class gaze towards his side to see him sleep heavily mouth wide open with salive hangin out and spilling into his clothes. I realise my needless exercise is worthless and let him have his beauty sleep.

After class, he is still cross with me for banging on his shoulder and complains he went to bed at 3 Am the previous night. I am in no mood to argue and leave it at that.

Before class today, i challenge him to not fall asleep in class. He agrees and retorts " I had a sound sleep last night. No way i will slumber off today in class". We bet over a beer and enter class. I start to worry as 30 minutes into class, Pd appeared to be strong in his resolution and dint even give a hint of dozin off. However, with 5 minutes for class to get over, he just closes his eyes for a moment and i bang him across his shoulder. He claims he dint doze off, but was concentrating on the lecture too seriously, and was forming a mental picture over his mind. Bullocks, total bullocks.Naturally, i dun buy it and we decide over it by the toss of a coin...which i win.

I dun care if he fell asleep or not. I won me beer and im more than happy with it. After all, i deserve it for all the trouble i went through in class tryina wake him up without gettin caught by Adele. In a class of 5, it can be darn difficult.

No comments: