November 09, 2005

Stumped.........

Unbeleivable !!
Im pretty good with faces and names and assosiations and all that bull. Or so, i thought.

Some while ago, this happenned.
One guy in one of the forums i am a member of wrote about something and called that as '1G4T'. Like a bum, i wrote him back asking what that meant. It stands for Oru G, Naalu T, or originality (If you dont know Tamil, skip it). I kept reading it as OneGFourT and going 'What the heck is that'. Failure to comprehend something as basic and simple as that automatically leads to the conclusion you are bereft of any 1Gnal/ lateral thinking and inevitably followed by some good natured old school rubbing in by friends like 'Generally no Knowldege! How can you expect general Knowledge from him?'. Old school as hell.

I was just navigating links on Orkut today, right, and i was seeing Moody's page. And i was looking at the pictures and stuff. He's posted like 6 pictures and one of them catches Moody's profile (basically his monstrously huge nose) and what not, and he had titled it ' Total Damage @ VEC'. He was in this bus and looking out.

I musta seen that picture quite a few times, and nothing ever ocured to me. It dint strike me one bit. When i read the title, V E C did not ring me a bell. I am ashamed to tell you this. That was my goddamn alma mater.

I read it as Vec, not V E C. I must have seen that picture a 100 times. And since Moody's doing the rounds in China and its whereabouts, I never made the assosiation that i could be old school. I even thought, why do people abbreviate. I coulda known a landmark in Taiwan.

That could be understandable. (Maybe because, they renamed VEC as VIT during our 3rd year. And i take solace from the thinking, i would never miss VIT) It is not sooper convincing, but still. Listen to this !!! In the same picture, Sami was in the background. A little out of focus. But very much Sami. No mistaking that. Moody was looking sideways and Sami was in the background trying to get out of his seat and all that. I am fucking rooming with that guy. Yeah ! Right now! For the past 1 month, and i didnt recognize him. Awesome.

Do you want to hear the clincher? It is so depressing. I showed it to Sami and confessed so and so and all. You know what he told me. That i had taken the goddam picture, thats what!!

1 comment:

Romit said...

how can i view moody's page on orkut man?