December 09, 2004

Jay Jay Shiv Shankar #2..

I was talking to my dad yestday and i bring the Shankaracharya arrest episode up, although painfully aware in the back of my mind, its gonna kill my daytime minutes.

My dad goes like " We have to pray that he comes out unscathed with his reputation untarnished". I retort saying " He made a mistake. He has to pay for that".

He goes " Now dont you start acting all American all over. He's a spiritual guru. He prays for the welfare of all the people day in and day out. The govt. is generally oppresive of brahmins, and what better way to haunt/bug them than to reach out for the leader/guru."

I am thinking " This is no India- Aussie cricket series. And the Govt. is no Steve Waugh trying to intimidate the Indian team by trying to get onto Sourav's nerves. The dood is surely connected."

More of dad's " He prays everyday for everybody. No way would he stoop to the levels of an ordinary guy."

I cant take it anymore and say " I am an ordinary guy. And am not gonna plan/conspire to kill another guy some day. He stooped to the level of a criminal to save his skin. Only it backfired, because having been unaccustomed to stuff like this, he dint do a good job of covering his ass."

I ended up alopogizing to dad, for the sake of it and all, but i dint really mean it. I feel he's involved and guilty and deserves his due.
Remember the old saying - No smoke without fire. Exactly.

The Dream on lyrics by Aerosmith readily come to mind...

Every time that I look in the mirror
all these lines on my face getting clearer
the past is gone
it went by like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
everybody's got their dues in life to pay

yeah, I know nobody knows
where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
you got to lose to know how to win

Half my life's in books' written pages
ive and learn from fools and from sages
you know it's true
all the things come back to you


Only the sage took a double role as a fool too.

1 comment:

vetty said...

Romit had said....

Well statistically speaking, 1 billion plus junta of which 82% are Hindu. Of this at least 50% (a very low percentage, but still) had some belief… you get the staggering figure of about 420(‘char so bees’ if you are ‘hindi’cly inclined) million taken for a ride. This is a 'humongous' too much. Sad but true :-)