October 16, 2004

Im here for the free beer...

Its Friday and late-evening, which means i was probably doing something which i dun remember.

And the reason why i dun remember is every late Friday evening, i sit with my beer.

Its a rule and rule #1 if you wanna better know me.
Its a little like what they say in the Asterix novels " We don't fight on Sundays " A little that way. I dont do anything constructive ( like work/Homework) on Friday evenings and i follow it as my own testament.

That is like one of the very few moments that i allow for myself.
Sometimes i reflect, sometimes i go nostalgic, sometimes i am just downright funny and cheerful, sometimes i watch a movie while most times i just go into a shell of my own, which none can penetrate with sum music humming in the BG, or am all of the above at the same time..

And it was one of those Friday evenings and Jason barges in ( he knows i drink a few beers most Fridays). He makes straight for the fridge and helps himself to one. Usually, i am cool with it, but i was running a ration that day, and i am like " Hey Jason. I need it".

He just turns and faces me and says " Look fella. I dont care. Ok, just read what my T-shirt hasta say".

Its a black round-neck with the words written in dark gold.
I glance and read it out loud ( which was a bad mistake) and it goes
" I'M HERE JUST FOR THE FREE BEER "

This drives me nuts. I get real crazy but it was pretty funny and i start laughing and don't stop Jason from guzzling on the beer.

And then like 20 minutes later, we run outta beers. I am like " Ok man, lets go get some more. I am in a mood for a long night of drinking".

And Jason is like " No pal. I aint gettin you any, man. U shuda stocked it up knowing it was Friday nights and knowin u were in a mood."

I go " Hey, cut it out pal. I need some and i am broke. Get me some dude, hey".

Jason goes " So, u really want one, huh? Ok !".

And then he does this thing which totally takes me by surprise. He fishes into his bag, and he's like " Dude. Take it. Wear this, and we'll both go hunting".

I am like " Hey, what? I ask you for beer and you give me a t-shirt. Common man. I will take the T-shirt but fetch me me beers, will ya?"

He is like " Just shut up and wear the shirt Ram. Wear it, and i know a place that is running a open house tonight. We go there and drink all we want, okay."

I like this idea and i take the shirt and it reads
" I AM HERE TOO JUST FOR THE FREE BEERS "

I am thoroughly touched and i start thanking him all over the place and all.

He's like " Ok, buddy. Get into it. Lets go. We are now like this pair of beer hunters, ok. We break into every party in town, start downing them beers and if anybody ever asks a question, we have 3 words for them " READ MY SHIRT". Howdee like it?"

"That is like the greatest plan Buddy. Hard to think you thot of this urself. Did it put a hole in that already pea-sized brain of urs and all, man? Ok, we go"

We hit that open house and have a thoroughly smashin time, playin poker, guzzling swigs and all, and around 2 at night, Jason drops me home and he is like " You can keep it man. We'll use it all the time now on. We wear it together. I got it for you. Gnite buddy. U r chick."

That was outta the blue. That was pretty moving. Swell pal, he really is. Nice T-shirt and free beers to boot too.

I hafta return the favour sumtime. Should i give him a T-shirt which reads
" Hey, could i borrow ur brain? I just used mine.. "
Something along those lines.

He wud really think I am asking for his brains indirectly. He is really random twerp, but a splendid guy.

No comments: